Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. is hiring a self-motivated Senior Project Manager with experience in the cruise, maritime or port operations industry to work on a variety of maritime related projects worldwide. The successful candidate will work directly with public and private clients to ensure project deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget, and most importantly provide strategic and or operational solutions the client is looking for based upon their project goals and objectives.
He or she will coordinate with other areas of the firm such as planning, architecture, engineering and marketing to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and completed successfully on time and within budget. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual who will fit with our collaborative culture. The position requires a strong work ethic, dedication, innovation, assessment and strategic planning skills, amongst others. Some overtime hours, and travel throughout the world are required. If you enjoy working with other professionals who believe in creating innovative solutions to problems, we encourage you to apply.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Be involved in business development aspects of the port & maritime sector.
- Assemble project approaches, scopes, timelines and pricing to meet the requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Communicate with clients, maritime industry decision-makers and stakeholders on a variety of topics related to operations, strategic planning, deployment, marketing and other industry aspects as part of project development and execution.
- Delegate project tasks based on staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of client goals and objectives.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills to enhance the overall organization.
Primary Qualifications for Education, Experience and Skills:
- 10 years’ experience in mid to upper level project management in port related operations industry.
- Knowledge of port operations, facility design, strategic planning and waterfront development are excellent attributes.
- Experience with project management duties including project implementation from conception to completion.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in planning, engineering, business,
- An independent and strategic thinker with the ability to structure a plan.
- Energetic, creative, and detail-oriented project management skill set.
- Excellent communication skills including client, stakeholder, business colleague and industry presentations and interactions.
- Fluent in the use of excel spreadsheets, databases and presentation applications,
- Must have the ability to assemble and analyze data; conduct critical thinking exercises to establish clear strategies, recommendations, and other information related to individual projects; and produce comprehensive reports and planning documents including writing skills. Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Spanish or Chinese language a plus.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Planning and organizing;
- Communication skills;
- Influencing and leading;
- Data management;
- Team work;
- Conflict management;
- Adaptability; and,
- Stress tolerance
Bermello Ajamil & Partners, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. B&A offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including a 401 (k) pension plan, medical, dental, vision and life insurance, and paid vacation and PTO benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should apply to this job by submitting a cover letter, resume, and a compact representative sample of your work, to the attention of Cristina Martinez at [email protected]. NO Recruiters.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bermello, Ajamil and Partners, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.